37th Annual Battle of the Books
T-Shirt Design Contest
Participating BOB elementary schools are encouraged to invite students within their district (elementary/middle/high school) to submit de-signs for consideration for the 2023 Battle of the Books T-shirt. This is an exciting opportunity for aspiring artists as the winning design is printed on close to 1000 shirts!
Below are the following requirements that should be passed on to interested students.
All designs must adhere to the following requirements:
* Submitted designs must be original illustrations and be related to a specific book on the list or to a battle theme.
* Designs must also include the artist’s signature, 37th Annual Battle of the Books, and the year: 2023.
* Submissions must contain all 40 book titles. Artists can incorporate the book titles into the designs or have them listed underneath the design.
* Design MUST be in Black Ink. Pencil drawings do not scan well. Please consider simple, bold designs to those with many lines and shadows.
* Design must be submitted digitally in one of the following formats: .eps, .png, or .pdf.
* Digital design must be a transparency (when printed, T-shirt color comes through any back-ground where no design exists, i.e. the negative space of the design).
* Designs must be submitted to Holli.Burns@asd20.org no later than 11:59pm December 1, 2022 for final judging.
* Submissions must include digital file of design, artist’s name, grade, school, contact information (phone and email) and the BOB elementary liaison’s name, school and contact information (phone and email).
The artist of the winning design agrees to grant permission to the Battle of the Books, Pikes Peak Chapter (BOBPPC, a non-profit entity) reproduction rights on this year’s T-shirt and certificates with no monetary compensation.